About Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Therapy in New Orleans
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) is an FDA-cleared, revolutionary and cutting-edge technology used to help treat Major Depressive Disorder in patients who have not received symptom relief from medication.
TMS does not enter the bloodstream, which drastically reduces side effects compared to traditional medication. This revolutionary treatment—that has been effectively treating Major Depression in patients around the world—is now available in the Greater New Orleans area.
What is TMS Therapy?
TMS THERAPY IS
- FDA cleared for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder
- Safe and effective
- Non-surgical and non-invasive
- Offered only by licensed physicians
- Covered by most primary insurance carriers
- Free from common antidepressant drug side effects
The treatment equipment we use at the TMS Center of New Orleans was introduced to the world market in 1991 and are used at the top research institutions across the globe—including the United States. In addition, the newest advanced treatment we use at the TMS Center of New Orleans was cleared in Europe in 2011 and the US in 2015. All of our care options have a proven track-record, with well over one million treatments performed worldwide.
In addition, TMS Therapy is covered by Medicare and most commercial health insurance plans. See how we make treatment affordable.
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation—The Same Technology Used by Top Medical Schools
The TMS Center of New Orleans is a pioneer in advanced treatments for the people of Louisiana, but we aren't the only institution in the United States using this technology. These premier medical schools and top-rated clinics are also implementing transcranial magnetic stimulation, too:
- Harvard Medical School
- Johns Hopkins Medical School
- Duke Medical School
- Vanderbilt School of Medicine
- The Mayo Clinics
- Cleveland Clinics
Your initial consultation will allow you and your doctor to discuss your symptoms, treatment history, and whether this is an appropriate treatment for you. Then, if you are a candidate, your first treatment session can be scheduled and begin immediately.
BENEFITS OF TMS THERAPY
- Does not affect cognitive function
- Does not require anesthetics
- Allows the patient to resume daily activities immediately
- Allows for treatment with or without antidepressants (determined by a physician)
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation In The News
Read more about TMS Therapy in the media:
- Long-Term Efficacy of Repeated Daily Prefrontal Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) In Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Daily Left Prefrontal Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Therapy for Major Depressive Disorder A Sham-Controlled Randomized Trial
- Daily Left Prefrontal Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for Acute Treatment of Medication-Resistant Depression